Getting back into the school routine every year can be a struggle. Using a voice assistant to save time and stay organized is a good way to get off on the right foot. Learn how to get and play the best Alexa games, skills and apps to prepare for the school year.
Establish a routine for your household using Alexa to get everyone set up for success. Use Alexa to encourage independence in kids and convenience for adults to expedite your morning.
- Flash Briefing: Build news and music playlists to your tastes.
- Commuting: Plan your perfect route with traffic insights and weather advisories to ensure the kiddos aren’t late for school and you aren’t late for work.
- Morning Trivia: As the kids sit around and enjoy their breakfast, launch the Google Home Magic Word skill to help them wake up and kick start their day with an interactive, creative game.
Time for Class
Whether you’re attending a virtual class or venturing back into classrooms this school year, voice apps and games can help break up the day. Inject some fun into your lunch break with these apps and skills for Alexa.
- Reminders/Timers: Create moments of fun, stay on top of projects and make sure practices aren’t missed by making recurring timers or reminders.
- Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader Game: Put your knowledge to the test to see how much attention you were paying in class with the official Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader game from Volley. Plus, it’s compatible with Google Assistants, too!
Transitioning out of the school day can be difficult. Creating an after-school routine is a great way to change the tone. Ask Alexa to play your favorite Prime Video show or to put on a workout playlist while you knock out your exercise routine.
- Shopping & Lists: Keep everything you need at your virtual fingertips by setting up a to-do list with your Alexa.
- Communications: Stay in touch with family and friends by having your smart speaker call loved ones and even set reminders to do so.
- Family Duel: Challenge your friends and family in live team battles, or play by yourself and try to score it big on the weekly leaderboard.
Time for Bed
One of the best ingredients for a great day is a great night’s sleep. Wind down with music or stories.
- Announcements: Let everyone know it’s time to get ready for bed or start your evening routine by setting evening reminders. You can even connect your Alexa to your smart home to control lighting, central heat and A/C and more!
- Alexa Bedtime Stories: Listen to the soothing sounds of classic tales and imagine faraway worlds as you drift to sleep. Bedtime Stories can help you and your kids fall asleep faster and enjoy a restless slumber throughout the night.
When it comes to getting back into a solid routine for the school year, Volley is here to help with useful skills and interactive games! Check out all of the options when it comes to Alexa for school to simplify every aspect of the morning rush out the door.