Going to work doesn’t have to be a drag. There are tons of fun and exciting Alexa games you can play to pass the time, learn a new word or even test your knowledge with trivia. Volley offers interactive, voice-controlled games to make your commute more fun and puts Alexa for travel to use.
Whether you’re working from home, an office or workspace, taking time to establish a routine in the morning will help start the day off on the right foot. Make a list of news, weather and commuting information you usually find on your phone and let Alexa catch you up while you enjoy your coffee or board the train to the office.
- Daily Meditation: Take a moment to set the day’s intention and start the day off right. Playing some soothing music with your Alexa will help you ease your mind, too.
- Routines/Blueprints: Make custom responses that fit your needs. Start your day with local weather updates, calendar information and other free skills.
- Morning Trivia: Get those intellectual and creative juices flowing with interactive games to play on Alexa. Taking a crack at the Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader game can help you wake up and put your brain to the test as your body arises from sleep.
- Commuting: Plan your perfect route based on weather and current traffic conditions. To set your location in your Alexa app, navigate to the Devices section, choose the Device you want to update and scroll to the Location options.
Break up your day with a walk around the block, to the park or even set up a designated break zone in your home or office and enjoy these fun experiences with Alexa. Spending short breaks away from your work has been shown to boost productivity and increase creativity.
- Reminders/Timers: Create moments of fun by making recurring timers or reminders. For example, you can have Alexa remind you at a certain time to enjoy a cup of tea or listen to your favorite podcast.
- Interactive Listening Party: If you’re someone who enjoys listening to music throughout the workday, take it to another level with the Alexa Song Quiz. During your break, launch this skill to test your knowledge on your favorite songs by guessing the name and artist.
Clocking out and heading home for the day deserves its own celebration. These skills are great for unwinding and providing much-needed after-work entertainment.
- Comms: Stay in touch with family and friends. You can tell Alexa a phone number or a contact’s name from your personal contacts to make a voice or video call.
- Backchannel: If you have a long commute on public transportation, enjoy live talk shows with games and trivia where you can interact with the hosts and audience!
Whether you have a long commute to-and-from the office or have the pleasure of working from home, utilizing Alexa skills can help you stay on top of projects and your calendar, break up the day and ease your mind and make your commute easier with traffic and weather updates. Plus, Volley offers fun games for all ages on both Alexa and Google Home so parents can use these skills to spend time with their kids, too!
Flamingo Images/Adobe Stock